- Tuliskan kelebihan dan kelemahan guru yang terdapat dalam video tersebut!
- Pernahkan Anda mengalami peristiwa semacam ini? Tuliskan pengalaman Anda.
- Apabila Anda akan memperbaiki pembelajaran sesuai dengan kelemahan yang Anda temukan pada video tersebut, silakan tulis langkah-langkahnya dengan jelas!
- Tuliskan teori atau pendapat pakar (minimal 2) yang mendasari langkah-langkah perbaikan tersebut.
- Berikan tanggapan (minimal 2) pada pendapat orang lain dalam forum diskusi materi ini.
1.Tuliskan kelebihan dan kelemahan guru yang terdapat dalam video tersebut!
Teacher strengths that I can take from the video are:
- The teacher can create a new atmosphere in learning with activities that are fun and not boring by using Songs Base Learning method. This is in line with the thought of “Andi Asrifan” who expressed the opinion “it is possible for the teachers to teach the young learners through the fun activity” (Asrifan, 2009).
- The teacher can encourage students’ enthusiasm for learning. To overcome problems experienced by students such as low motivation and ability to learn English, it must be done with an approach that can touch the nature of students by learning with fun activities.
- The teacher can create a lively learning atmosphere with the Songs Base Learning method.
- With the Songs Base Learning method, the teacher helps students’ cognitive abilities in addition to improving language skills, besides that students also learn to appreciate language, vocabulary and simple sentences.
2. Pernahkan Anda mengalami peristiwa semacam ini? Tuliskan pengalaman Anda.
- Yes, I have ever done this method.
Here are the steps that I’ve ever used for teaching English using Songs Base Learning Method.
- Listening to the song
First, I asked the students to listen to music. Remember that this is supposed to be a fun activity, never make it too serious. I asked the students whether they have ever heard it before, and I didn’t give them tasks at this point, let them enjoy the music.
- Asking some questions about the songs.
Such questions tend to work really well as conversation starters, so group three or four learners together and then get feedback from each group on their thoughts.
- Listening to the song and showing the lyrics
Let the students listen and read the lyrics of the song. After reading the song, I gave my students a lyric worksheet as a gap fill then they must fill in the gaps as they listen.
- Focusing on a particular verb tense or aspect of grammar.
In this case, I asked my students about words usage or tense usage in the lyric. I also asked them to write some new vocabularies that they get from the song.
These acts are as a springboard for discussing the function of a specific tense, as well as examining its form. Furthermore, it often tends to raise awareness of grammatical flexibility and Poetic licence in the construction of song lyrics. Students often expect songs to obey the grammatical rules that have been drummed into them. In a surprisingly large number of cases, this can lead to the enlightening discovery that rules can be broken!